.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Story Published


I have a short story in the current issue of Whiskey Island Magazine.

My story has war! Sex! Gambling! Yes, it's all crammed into only a few thousand words.

They have some of the issue (#58) online, but not all of it.
So, if you're interested in reading my story, you got to do this the olde fashioned way and order the single issue for $6 ... or hey, go ahead and subscribe to a whole year of this fantastic magazine.

You'll physically get a copy in the mail. Crazy, right? But when we meet someday, I can sign it for you.

Here's their Facebook page.

Here's their site.

Hope you like the story. Drop me a line after you read it.

-Rider


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rider-

    Checked out the story and I have to say, from a longtime fan of your work, you are an inspiration. I'm currently a film student and struggling with the fact that my graduation is on the horizon. This means I have to move away from my home in the heartland, where film isn't too recognized, and head out to California where I can attempt to make a name for myself.

    As a hopeful screenwriter, I'm always looking for people I can go to for inspiration and you have been that for me since I was a kid! Boy Meets World was my favorite show (and I'm not ashamed to say it still is). Your Shawn was my favorite character and I thank you for providing me with that positive outlet to venture into my own love for television writing and directing.

    I hope someday that I can experience some amount of success that will allow me to thank you in person for your inspiring works. Until then, I wish you all the best with your work. If you ever need some confident-yet-admittedly-terrified young film student's help, I know where you can find one!

    Best wishes,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to read your story. I was a Boy Meets World fan and I remember when I first took notice of you- you had said in an interview that you were reading "Leaves of Grass" and I thought that was interesting. I'd like to hear more about your studies and projects. I'm into literature too (recently lost a hefty chunk of my literature collection and 3/4 of my belongs due to bed bugs, frickin Los Angeles! The kindle is looking more appealing to me by the day.) Anyway, I'm glad I looked you up again to see what you're doing now. I'll become a "follower".

    ReplyDelete